Monday, April 13, 2009

Well I was kind of right....is that a bad thing?

Well hopefully I am over my melodramatic whining about not going on the 4th through the 6th. The spring storms have been slamming the Cascades for weeks! The weather for the 4-6th was the only clear time in a long time. Common sense says we had to postpone the climb. The amount of snow pack under duress would have made it a dangerous and foolish venture. We have re-scheduled the trip for the 24-26th of this month. Hopefully the weather will permit. We have had a couple of really spectacular days of sunshine. It has been enough to bring a little hope into my spirit.

I turned 40 on the 10th and my very dear friends (headed by my best buddy Rick Glein) threw me a surprise birthday party. It was so much fun despite my oncoming cold. I even had a few drinks. I have been laying off the booze in hopes of losing some lb's. I am chomping at the bit to get out and start running again. This cold has had me in bed all weekend. I think my buddy Tim and I are off to bag a peak this weekend. Haven't yet decided on which one but the training is important. I am running a great deal but hiking uphill not enough. I need to work those muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment